Attention! 2017 Fishing Derby is May 7th. Make your plans to attend.
The Buckeye Lake water level is down. The Village is adding a new sewer line. Still some great fishing can be done, till the lake freezes.
New 2017 Membership are available from the following merchants: True Value Hardware, The Merchantile, Kibbie's Carry Out - Bluffton, and Ted's Market - Pandora.
For more information about The Bluffton Sportsmen Club call Tom Augsburger @ 419-384-3674.
Buckeye Lake water level is down due t2016 Tagged Trout Prizes Honored till Labor Day.
Thanks to all those who assisted and participated in the 2016 BSC Fishing Derby.
The next regular Executive Board meeting is
When: TBA, 7:30 pm.
Where: Bluffton Sportsmen Club,
405 North Spring Street, Bluffton, Ohio
Trout Derby and other issues.
2016 Winners are:
1st Trout Limit - Ryan Mustard
Longest Trout - Alex Lytle (16.25 inch.)
Tag No. 1 - Anthony Collins ($1087.50)
50/50 - Dan & Nina Koontz ($1087.50)
1. Split side of Beef - Julie Amador
2. Split side of Beef - Anthony Collins
3. $200 - Susan Maag
4. $100 - Loretta Wells
5. $75 - Clay Cooper
6. $50 - Tom Diller
7. $25 - Jane Inninger
8. Free massage - Ron Koontz
80 Tagged Trout were turned for various prizes.
Enjoy the Fishing this summer.
2016 Memberships available $30/yr 14 and up, $10/yr 13 and under.
Memberships also available at: Family True Value Hardware, Riley Creek Mercantile, Kibbees CaryOut, Bluffton, and Ted's Market, Pandora.
Bluffton Sportsmen Club hats for sale $15 each.
2016 Officers and Directors
President - Tom Augsburger, Vice President - Jerry Edinger.
Treasurer - Ron Schmutz, Secretary - Andy Herrmann.
Directors: Dennis Kagy, Mark Zimmerman, Lucas Herrmann,, Marvin Maag, Wilbur Bracy, Mike Zimmerman, Dale Neidemire, Jacob Maag, and Paul Maag.
About the Bluffton Sportsmen Club
The Club was formed in the 1930's by a group of guys who got together on Sunday afternoons and shared their fishing, hunting and trapping stories. This club was first a coon hunters club and was involved in many conservation projects over the years. Latter the Buckeye Quarry was leased from the Village of Bluffton in the middle of the 1940's, and the National Quarry (now Cobb Lake) in the 1990's. This was the beginnings of the fishing derby. There were many species of fish that were tried, but the Rainbow Trout had the best response. It was not until then that this event became known as the "Trout Derby". This annual Trout Derby is the financial foundation of our club. With the proceeds The Buckeye and Cobb Lake quarries are stocked with Rainbow Trout and other species.
Club House Rental
The Club House can host up to 80 people. The building is handicapped accessible, has both Men and Women restrooms and central Heating and Air Conditioning. Tables and Chairs, along with a kitchen equipped with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and sink are available. So think of the Bluffton Sportsmen Club when planning your next gathering. Rental Prices are: Members - $75, Non-Members - $100. Call Tom at 419-384-3674 to get your date scheduled.
1. Membership is required by all ages to fish in either quarry.
2. Buckeye Quarry closed for Fishing from April 25 2016 till start of Trout Derby on May 1 2016.
3. Only Club approved boats allowed on Quarries. No gas powered motors on the Buckeye (Electric Motors Only); Motors of 9.9 hp or smaller on Cobb Lake. No Wake.
4. Two anchors required for on every boat. Life jackets are required for each person in the boat.
5. A rifle shot will start the Trout Derby at 2:00 pm on Derby Day.
6. Fish are tagged with a current year numbered steel cylinder tag attached to lower jaw of fish. To collect prize after Derby Day, take tag to FAMILY TRUE VALUE HARDWARE, BLUFFTON DERBY HEADQUARTERS. A certificate will be given. Take certificate and tag to the sponsor of tagged fish and collect prize.
7. All claims for prizes must be made by Labor Day. You must show your badge or membership card and claim your prize in person.
8. ANGLERS LIMITED TO ONE (1) POLE EACH ON DERBY OPENER 2:00 -4:30 P.M. Any line in the water must have the angler present,(THEREAFTER TWO (2) POLES MAXIMUM.)
9. NO RESERVING OR "STAKING OUT" A SPOT BEFORE 6:00 A.M. DERBY DAY. Three foot spot per angler please.
10. No Hand Feeding or Chumming of fish allowed.
11. No scuba diving allowed without permission of President or Vice President.
12. VIOLATIONS OF ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION OF FISHING PRIVILEGES. FISHING CATCHES ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW BY CLUB DIRECTOR OR APPOINTED OFFICIAL.
13. Village of Bluffton, Bluffton Sportsmen's Club, and sponsoring organizations are not responsible for accidents, personal injury, or damage or theft to cars, boats, trailers or other equipment occurring at Club leased quarries.
ANY VIOLATION YOU SEE PLEASE REPORT TO CLUB DIRECTOR.